The Best Reglazing Materials
The materials we use are the best in the reglazing industry. Our supplies have been laboratory tested by the manufacturer and guaranteed by them to endure use and care under typical use.
The technical name is “acrylic aliphatic poly-glass urethane.” This material was developed specifically for the reglazing and refinishing industry; it is very high-quality synthetic porcelain made from high-tech enamel, which is sprayed on with a high-volume / low-pressure sprayer. The new coating hardens within hours to a very firm, highly resilient, long-lasting surface that can withstand the splash and spillage of a wide variety of chemicals.
Data about the materials we use to reglaze:
- It is UV (ultra-violet light) stable so it will not yellow as epoxy does during its service life in most circumstances.
- It provides a hard, mar-resistant film.
- Has superior gloss coating and color retention, even after extended use and exposure to harsh elements.
- Will withstand high temperatures.
- It is resistant to acids and alkalines.
- It comes in a wide variety of colors.
- It contains no Free Isocyanates, which are carcinogenic.
- Lower Volatile Organic Compounds than other products (less pollution).
We are a real brick-and-mortar company with a 4,000 square ft. facility. This dedicated space allows for ordering and storage of the proper chemicals for superior results, that a home-based business does not have the capacity to support.
The Best Refinishing Equipment
Our glaze is applied with HVLP (High Volume / Low Pressure) spray equipment. It is one of the most recommended technologies available which is both Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) and Government approved. It delivers a high-quality finish and does not create unnecessary air pollution.
We set up a ventilation system before spraying to prevent odors and overspray. We use an industrial blower to safely remove fumes from your house, apartment, or business. This mobile Local Exhaust Ventilation (LEV) Unit has a fan, flexible ducting, and a hood near the tub which expels the vapors to the outdoors and ensures a clean flow of air into the work area.
The Reglazing Craftmanship
All of our reglazing technicians have gone through a rigorous in-house training program. To achieve the standard quality of our company they must meticulously follow our Reglazing Process to the letter.
We are one of the few companies who leave the area clean and ready to be used as soon as the surface dries.
We do this by:
- Removing all the paper and masking tape used to protect the adjacent areas, except of course those on the showerhead or on the faucet, to prevent drips on the new refinish.
- Re-installing shower doors if we removed them to facilitate the reglazing.
- Providing you with Reglazing Care Instructions on how to properly care for and maintain the newly refinished bathtub, sink, tile, etc.
- Your tenants can read the instructions and know how to take proper care of the reglazed surface, so the new look will last for many years to come.
The Bathtub Reglazing Dilemma
Bathtub reglazing is not a “do-it-yourself" project. Many people have the idea that using a kit will avoid paying a professional and save some money. Unfortunately, almost all reglazing kits end with complete failure, the finish usually lasting less than a year. We understand the impulse to save some money, but many customers that call for our refinishing services often find out that a kit was attempted with unsuccessful results, and now customers must pay an additional fee to remove the glaze applied with the reglazing kit.
Over two decades of experience have shown us the right way. Our technicians use equipment and chemicals best suited and specially designed for reglazing purposes, these are chemicals that you cannot buy in any generic store and are not accessible to all. Imagine a bathtub reglazing kit, which usually costs around $50.00, compared to the hundreds of dollars that our materials cost. Without adding the thousands of dollars that our equipment costs, if we were able to use DIY kits and get effective results the cost of our materials would be lowered by at least 75%.
As a result, no reglazing kit will be able to match the life span that our professional reglazing services provide. Our services have a 5-year limited warranty on top of the guarantee.
Ultimately, with us, you will be saving money.