Top Refinishing is proud to offer a 5-year limited warranty on our reglazing services. This warranty covers bubbling, blistering, warping, and peeling (if this happens, it's easy to recognize within the first few months) due to workmanship or product defects, during normal residential use.
Essentially, our warranty covers primer and finishing coat adhesion failure.
Any warranty is for the property owner and/or the purchaser of our services and begins from the time the work is completed.
We have a 3-year limited warranty on the following:
- Repairs below the water level line on fiberglass bathtubs.
- Extensive repairs on fiberglass bathtubs and showers that include reinforcing the support underneath.
For caulking, the warranty is for 1 year.
The following items are not covered under this warranty:
- Kitchen sinks and laundry sinks are not covered due to extreme wear and tear in their normal use.
- Rust repair is not covered as rust is known to reappear eventually, though rust repair will keep it away for a long time.
- Any scratching, deterioration of the glossy finish, or staining over time due to: normal wear and tear, incorrect cleaning practices, or water conditions.
Top Refinishing will not be liable for:
- Any paint peeling off surrounding walls. To do our work we must use masking tape to protect your furniture and belongings. Paint peeling off the walls is not caused by the tape coming off. It is because painters did not prepare the walls correctly before painting (sanding and using primer) or the paint has not cured yet. It is safest to wait 48 hours after painting before having us do work.
- Damage or flaws created by owners or any third party (such as tenants, pets, other work crews, etc.).
- Damage caused by objects placed on the refinished surface such as suction-cup bathmats, bath pillows, soap dishes, or any similar item used on or in the area. Note: We do offer a slip-resistant surface on tubs and showers. If slipping is an issue you may want to consider this option.
- Damage caused by the use of any product that is not specifically designed for acrylic surfaces. This may include but is not limited to: Comet, Ajax, Soft Scrub, Ammonia, Hypochlorite (raw bleach), or any other abrasive cleaners, acids, toilet bowl cleaners, etc.
- Damage caused by the use of abrasives such as scouring pads and scouring sponges, steel wool, sandpaper, or any other gritty object or cleaner.
- Damage caused by the reglazed surface being touched or exposed to water within 48 hours following the completion of the refinishing process. Example: Damage caused by leaking faucets or water backing up from the drain.
- Damage caused by the use of tools, ladders, or other objects placed on, dropped on, or knocked against the reglazed surface.
- Bubbling or peeling due to chipping created by objects or materials placed on the reglazed surface.
- Bubbling or peeling due to moisture trapped in the area or from unrepaired leaks.
- Top Refinishing is not liable for dust particles, moths, or other insects that might fall onto the freshly reglazed surface while it is still drying. Most particles caught in the drying topcoat will be removed naturally with normal cleaning. Damage caused by "picking" at the spot will not be covered.
* Limited Warranty - The durability of a refinished surface depends mostly on the proper care and maintenance the user gives to the fixture. This is true for both brand new and refinished surfaces.
Please read and follow the instructions and tips we provide in Reglazing Care Advice.
If you have any questions, you can always call us.